Completing the MPA EPortfolio
You will find information and guidance here on how to complete your eportfolio.
The goal of this eportfolio is to have each student present what they have learned in their MPA degree program according to the Department's student learning goals, to format that work to present to potential employers and to give each student an opportunity to reflect on what they have learned.
Every page, including the front page of the eportfolio, should contain a narrative and at least two or three examples of your work for the area. Images and / or videos or sound files could also be included.
Your eportfolio will include the following areas:
Career Objectives and Professional Goals
- Meet challenges of rapidly changing world
- Lead and manage in public governance by
- Applying a wide range of knowledge about the public service;
- Applying a wide range of knowledge about an elective area; and,
- Providing evidence of professional skills necessary for public service
- Participate in and contribute to the public policy process
- Analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions
- Articulate and apply a public service perspective
- Communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry
- Write effectively and concisely for an audience of professionals
- Present effectively to small and large groups
- Work effectively in groups and teams
- Communicate and work to ensure social justice, equity and other public service values highlighted by the Program
Resume and Contact Information
Information about the MPA from the SF State Department of Public Administration